Thursday, July 28, 2011

ORGANIZING SCRAPS AND SEWING ROOM!!


I am still in the ongoing process of getting my scraps organized.  It is a long term adventure that can be labeled into all sorts of sections; frustrating, fun, exciting, boring, repetitive, innovative; the list can go on and on. 

Since my last post, I have actually emptied 3 large totes.  Yippee!!!  The majority of the fabrics have been cut down to squares from 11/2 to 5 inches.  I decided to use these plastic bags as a just for now purpose.  But these bags are fabulous for storing fabrics in.  You can see everything clearly and they seal wonderfully plus if you leave them opened a tad they are allowed to breathe.  If you have any of these type of bags around (new sheets, comforters and such are packaged in them) I really suggest finding a way to use them.



Oh phooey, I downloaded the pictures without thinking of order.  I guess all of my cutting today has my brain a little on the bored side.  LOL.  Seriously, when you are just sitting/standing and cutting the same sizes over and over there is not a lot of brain power needed aside from the WATCH THE FINGERS and are the edges and ruler lined up correctly.

I have only managed to make a bigger mess with my fabrics that are supposed to be folded neatly and look so pretty lined in rows!  But as usual, I let myself get off track and take off in the sewing mode and within a few weeks of doing a little of this project and a little of that project....no time to stop and straighten.  I really have to laugh because in all honesty, I do not see the destruction at all when I am involved in a project.  I do not know what happens to my organized sanity, it has to go on vacation and have a great time without me and me without it. 



Yet, even with all of that jumbled fabric....I have made progress.  Kevin and I finally got all of the odd boxes out of my sewing room closet and replaced with all of the fabric totes that should have been there to begin.  These totes are all labeled and neatly stacked.  But, I am going through each one and seeing if I can organize it all a tad bit better. 

During my organizing extravaganza, I do have three projects that are being worked on.  I know that they are long term projects, so perfect to work on for a little while here and there.  Which makes it really nice.  I have forbidden myself from starting any other project until I have completed my task of organizing done.

Dodger on the other hand gets a tad bit annoyed that I sit at the ironing board for an hour, move to the kitchen table and sit/stand for countless hours playing with my fabrics instead of her.  She has her ways of letting me know it is time to stop and play with her about every 45 minutes to an hour.  Here she is bringing me her rope and doing her low growl to get my attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment