Monday, January 10, 2011

I'M SO EXCITED...AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT.....

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it........


I have completed another step in my "creation" of this quilt.  After trying out several layouts, I chose this star design.  For some reason chosing the brown fabric as a sashing between the diamonds was so easy.  It just sang chose me, chose me and I did and am thrilled with it.  I cut them at 5 inch depths and 12 inch widths, using the 60degree ruler to mark and cut also went quickly.  Next, I labeled each individual piece with a 1A, 1B, 1C  and so forth to make sure I would remember where each piece is supposed to lay tomorrow.

My next step is going to be laying out the Double Wedding Ring quilt top and determinning how much more needs to be added to this quilt back and how exactly I am going to fill in the gaps and with what fabrics and so forth. 

I should add....I am sharing this as I am doing it.  I am just playing and having fun experimenting.  But if this resembles or copies any other quilt pattern....I am sorry.  Please contact me and I will remove this....but I am not following any pattern and just having a go at creating.

That sounds pretty lame...but I thought I should mention it and avoid getting myself into trouble If I am stepping on any one elses toes.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you have to worry about, the star that you have in the center is a traditional pattern. I like your additions in the valleys between the points of the star (don't know how else to describe it). The brown is perfect! yes, listen to that little voice you have, it directed you perfectly!! Can't wait to see the finished work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! That's beautiful!!!!!!! You're doing great work.

    ReplyDelete